Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 11:49:13 AM, Ian A. Tegebo wrote:
> My thoughts for filetype plugins for FreeBSD ports would be:
>       * Create syntax files for things like:
>               rc.conf
>               sysctl.conf
>               loader.conf
[snip]
>       * Write filetype plugin for rc.conf
>               This could utilize omni completion for what's in
>               /etc/default/rc.conf
>
> I notice that other distributions have done similar things.  Has anyone
> done any work along these lines?

I just added a comment on the first line of rc.conf, loader.conf, etc.,
such as:

    ### rc.conf -- system configuration information

    ### loader.conf -- system bootstrap configuration information

And vim seems to magically highlight the syntax. If I do 'set filetype',
it tells me 'filetype=conf'. That seems to the trick, but it would have
been nice if tricks weren't necessary, so go for it.