Hi,

I've got a SiI 3512 SATALink PCI Controller card plugged into my
PC running FreeBSD6.2 Release Generic kernel. On bootup dmesg
shows

atapci0: <SiI 3512 SATA150 controller> port 0xbc00-0xbc07,0xb800-0xb803,0xb400-0xb407,0xb000-0xb003,0xbe00-0xbe0f mem 0xefeffe00-0xefefffff irq 11 at device 3.0 on pci2
ata2: <ATA channel 0> on atapci0
ata3: <ATA channel 1> on atapci0

however, the sata drive plugged into it does not show in /dev/

Although the chipset of the controller appears to be supported by freeBSD,
is the PCI card version supported? Are there any other steps I need to
take to get the sata drive to detect?

I've googled the chipset and turned up referenced to a "SATALink" kernel
config option, but that's for netBSD and I'm not sure if it's at all
relevant to freeBSD?

If you need any further information such as full dmesg output, let me
know.

Cheers,

Gary