On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Sean Murphy wrote:

I am having troubling installing FreeBSD 6.2 Release on and Intel DG965OT

http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/DG965OT/index.htm

Which uses the IntelĀ® G965 Chipset

I have checked under the following link but it does not mention support for specific motherboards or chipsets. I realize that listing motherboards would be to exhaustive but chipsets maybe would be more of a limited scope.

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/hardware-i386.html

Does FreeBSD provide a list for Chipsets? Is there a man page I can look at like the other drivers listed on that page have man pages except for Chipsets?

Thanks

Sean,
     G965 is a recent chipset, so I suggest that you download a snapshot build
of the livecd and install using that. The snapshot folder is located at:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/.
-Garrett