My first post. Apologies if I am directing the question to the wrong area.

I am determined to load a copy of FreeBSD, for development purposes, on to my machine.

I will then have windows XP Professional and FreeBSD on the same machine, sharing the harddrive.

I have loaded FreeBSD on before successfully, but have taken it down to reload it in what I understand is a better method. eg setting up CVS before loading any ports. Now I am stuck.

Here are some of the reasons why.

First problem. I have booted from 3.5 in floppies ( yes I like to do things the hard way) I also do not know how to load from a cd.

Since I first downloaded and copied the flp files I have load a copy of Flash on my machine. Now the FLP files are Flash Project Files. How do I change that? and what type of program should it open with? ( Via right click of mouse).

Thanks in advance

You need to use rawwrite to write the floppy images to the diskettes. You'd run this in a command window in XP. rawwrite is in the tools folder on FreeBSD disk 1

-Derek --
believed to be clean.