Jim Stapleton schrieb:
I have DSA. I will change it to a nonstandard port, but I was
wondering what your oppinion on a good way to check if this is the
result of me being hacked, or just someone loosing interest.

Well, I think the latter. If you have an up-to-date system with up-to-date packages, you should not be too much worried, I think brute-force is useless if one uses strong passwords. I'd check auth-log and the output of last(1) if that says something, but you can never be sure. So I'd say just be happy, that they stopped trying, but don't give up the regular maintainence so that your system be as secure as it can be. :) Oh, and you can try port-knocking as well to secure the sshd port. If you don't know what it is, just google for it.

Gabor