Hello FreeBSD List,

Ok I made a huge mistake (insert laugh here because I know you will). I was working late at home and had more then a few drinks... A lot more. I was working with a PAP2-NA (Analog to VoIP adapter (ATA)) and I changed the password. The password that was programed into the unit from my service provider was a randomly generated password and I was messing with a lot of the settings and needed to keep logging in. So I changed it to make my life easier.

So any way I changed the password and now it appears I didn't change the password to what I had thought I had. The password was a short 4 digit number. Like I said I just wanted to make my life easier while I was messing around with it. Now I am locked out of the unit and TOTALY SOL. My phones don't work at the house because the think has been set incorrectly.

I don't know how to crack passwords or even where to start. Is there some kind of script or application I can run on my FreeBSD system to try every combination of numbers from 0 - 9999.

It is possible I may have fat fingered the number so it could be 6 or 7 digits instead of the 4 I intended. I don't know. I tried every variation I can think of and even got drunk again hoping to recreate the stupid mistake.

I have totally messed that one up. I would have had to type it twice which just goes to show you should not work on your junk while drunk.

Can anyone help me out? The unit has no reset buttons to reset it to defaults there is nothing online that I can find to bypass the unit. I did a port scan and it appears to only be listening on port 80. Any thoughts out there? Please.

Thanks and I hope I made someone laugh with my mistake because I know all my friends are.

Thanks.