On Apr 17, 2007, at 11:22 AM, Robert Huff wrote:

Jeffrey Goldberg writes:

 I had a complete system crash this morning sometime shortly after
 17/Apr/2007:08:51:22 -0500.  (from my most active apache log).

 I can't seem to find any information whatsoever about the crash.

        Is there anything in /var/crash?

Thanks! I didn't know about that place to look. Unfortunately there is nothing useful there either.

There is only a file called minfree dated from January.
minfree is a text file containing
 2048

Is there some setting I should set so that in future crashes will be dumped there?

Let me also add that the system is on an APC UPS and another machine that is on the same UPS logs no UPS events since the thunderstorms that hit the area on Friday.

-j