At 11:56 AM 4/17/2007, Doug Poland wrote:
Hello,

I've just come into possesion of a bunch of 80GB ATA drives.  I'd like
to quickly and efficiently test each drive to see if it's free of
errors and suitable for deployment in non-critical workstations.

Using FreeBSD 6.x as a testing platform, what tools do people use to
stress-test disk drives?  I've searched ports and done some googling
but nothing stands out.

Thanks for your help.

Use the manufacture's utilities to test the drives. Each manufacturer has bootable test and stress utilities.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.