On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Amarendra Godbole wrote:

I have FreeBSD 6.2 installed on a Dell Latitude D400 laptop. The
harddisk is 40G, with FreeBSD occupying about 25G, and remaining to
Windows. I have received a replacement for this hard disk, which is a
bigger capacity one - 80G. I have to move the existing FreeBSD system
from the old to the new hard disk. I did find something here:
http://www.freebsddiary.org/driveswap.php. Still, I'd like to hear
someone's experience regarding the same. Thanks!

The FAQ has the canonical way to do it:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/disks.html#NEW-HUGE-DISK

As that says, the easiest way is to do a minimal install on the new disk and then use restore.