Bill Moran 写道:

<snip>
P.S. In recent days we some times got another network problem and I'm
not sure if it's related to this DHCP server behavior. It happens on
both Linux and Windows hosts that a host suddenly is no longer
accessible (Ping no response). Check 'arp -a' on other hosts shows the
host being accessed have wrong Mac Address. e.g. yesterday
218.193.55.195 suddenly become in-accessible, this host is Linux and we
got this behavior on a nearby host:

sappho # arping 218.193.55.195
Unicast reply from 218.193.55.195 [00:0F:EA:4B:82:58]  0.638ms
Unicast reply from 218.193.55.195 [00:0F:EA:4B:82:58]  0.637ms
Sent 113 probes (1 broadcast(s))
Received 113 response(s)
sappho # arp -a 218.193.55.195
? (218.193.55.195) at 00:02:2A:C1:53:87 [ether] on eth0

arping reply is different from arp cache. This host become accessible
the next day. Strange. Are these two problems related?

You have something seriously wrong somewhere.  They may be related but
there's not enough information here to be sure.  Consider installing
arpwatch on one or more systems and see if the reports it sends narrow
down the problem.
I have followed Jeffrey's suggestion and reconfigured dhcpd.conf to make sure no host with specified IP address is within dynamic assigned IP range. I was mislead by my previous experience with Microsoft DHCP server configuration where a host with fixed IP address should be within the range. After updated dhcpd.conf I haven't see an IP conflict yet, I'll watch a few days.

For the ARP issue, thanks for suggesting arpwatch. I'd like to take a deeper look into how ARP works later. Thanks!