Hello. I have a server with 3 SCSI drives. FreeBSD is installed on da0 (4.3GB),
and da1 and da2 (both identical 9GB drives) are to be used in a RAID 1 array
for file storage on a LAN with Windows XP and Vista clients, using Samba to
share the filesystem on da1. Backups will be taken from da2.

Drives da1 and da2 are currently "unused" (reclaimed from a Windows server). I
have not done anything to prepare these 2 drives yet.

I also have not configured Samba yet.

Please walk me through the process of setting up a FreeBSD 6.2 fileserver given
these conditions?

I tried configuring the RAID1 array using the following sources, but got
judging from the errors I got, it looks like I need to prepare da1/da2 first:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/11/10/FreeBSD_Basics.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/geom-mirror.html

Both assume you only have 2 drives and want to mirror the drive containing
FreeBSD. I only want to mirror the data drive da1, and would appreciate a
concise set of steps for doing this right the first time.

Thanks!