--On Monday, April 23, 2007 21:18:55 +0200 Martin Tournoij <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon 23 Apr 2007 14:04, Paul Schmehl wrote:
Is it possible to mount an iso image?  I'm not referring to a cd, but a
single file that has been created using mkisofs.  If so, what command
would you use?  mount_cd9660 wants a block device.  Do I need to use
some sort of pseudo block device?

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/

To mount a iso image:
mdconfig -at nvode -f MYIMAGE.ISO
mount_cd9960 /dev/md0 /somewhere

If you want to mount multiple ISO images then you will have to
use md1, md2, ect.

Don't forget to unmount and detach the memory disk:
umount /somewhere
mdconfig -ud 0

0 should be replaced with the appropiate device number

Note that this will only mount standard iso images (iso9660, usually
.iso or .bin), if you want to mount Nero/Alcohol/PowerISO/ect images
then you must first convert them, iat is a great tool for doing this:
Ports collection: sysutils/iat
Website: http://iat.berlios.de/

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. I wasn't trying to create an iso. I wanted to see what was inside one without burning a CD first. That works perfectly.