On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 05:41:07 +0000 (GMT)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (P. U. Kruppa) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a concept to back up some Win2k workstations on
> a FreeBSD machine. Can this be done and how?

Setup a Samba server on the FreeBSD box, then use the native
windows backup tools to backup to the Samba share. Archive
backups on the FreeBSD/Samba machine to tape/CDRW etc... with
tar. If file compression is enabled in the windows backup
utility then avoid using compression in your tar command as
you will waste a lot of CPU power for very little compression.

Regards,

Stephen Hilton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]