From: Lowell Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Marlon Menezes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Emulex LP9002 - FreeBSD 6.2
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:58:26 -0400

"Marlon Menezes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am a newbie with FreeBSD and I am having problems in order to get my
> HBA Emulex LP9002 working on a FreeBSD version 6.2.
>
> Can you help me? Is there any one with experience with HBA setup on
> FreeBSD that can help me?"

HBA should be transparent, as far as I recall.
You'll need to be more specific.

This is a Host Bus Adapter that uses the protocol Fibre Channel to communicate with Storage Arrays (Like Shark from IBM, Clariion from EMC..), I need to install it on a FreeBSD system, but I don't have the driver that allows the OS to communicate with the Storage array. On a Emulex website (The vendor of the HBA) there are drivers to Suse and RHEL, but there are no drivers to FreeBSD.