Hi,

On 4/25/07, Matthew Seaman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   find . -type f \( -mtime 6 -o -mtime 29 \) -print0 | xargs -0 vi

what about the -exec option of find ? I always wonder why people don't use it.

find . -type f \( -mtime 6 -o -mtime 29 \) -exec vi {} \;

'{}" <= is the filename find found
you need a ';" to tell find that the command stops here (in case you
want to add more options to find) and the '\" is mandatory eitherwise
your SHELL will interfear.

btw don't forget the space between the '{}" and the '\;"

Regards,