> but is there a simple way for me to send all these old mails in
> root's mailbox to my email address without logging in through
> pop3/imap?

A combination of cat /var/mail/root | formail -s and something.

cat /var/mail/root | formail -s will read /var/mail/root, separate
each message and pipe it to the command that follow the -s. The
command could be a sendmail [EMAIL PROTECTED] or something, you may have to
investigate.

cat /var/mail/root | formail -s /usr/sbin/sendmail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Olivier