On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Pietro Cerutti wrote:

On 4/26/07, Andreas Wider??e Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/26/07, Arek Czereszewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Andreas Wider??e Andersen wrote:
> > I'm getting a lot of unauthorized ssh login attempts. I have a pretty
> basic
> > FreeBSD 6.2 setup. I have compiled my own kernel. Here's what I get
from
> my
> > daily security run output:
> [...]
>
> Run sshd on other port.
> And say about this your ssh users.

Can I change the ssh port on a live server somehow without getting locked
out? The server is on a remote co-location a flight away from me.

Yes you can. SSH will keep your connection active until you log out,
then you can log in using the new port

I will add the fact you will want to keep the current connection live and test after you make the change with a new connection. That way if the new connection fails, you still have a "foot in the door".