At 02:31 PM 4/25/2007, Charlie McElfresh wrote:
Hi,

I recently upgraded all my machines to 6.2 RELEASE.  All my machines except
one work fine.

On one of my machines, I can log in from the console to the super user
account, but I could not su to my user account.

So, I backed up all my data, and I deleted my user account.  Then, I added
it back with adduser.

When I look in /etc/passwd and /etc/group, I'm in there.

When I try to su to my newly created account, I get this message:

Bad system call (core dumped)

I tried removing my account with rmuser, then adding it back again -- same
problem.

Any ideas?

Charlie

You didn't say how you upgraded this server to 6.2, nor from what version. I suspect you have an old or missing library. You might do well on this server to cvsup, buildworld, and install world.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.