On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 03:15:16AM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:

        [[ ... ]]

> Or my favorite structure (bourne shell style)..
>
> for i in `ls -l | awk '{if ($6 == "Apr" && $7 == 19  || $6 == "Mar" &&
> $7 == 26 ) print $9}'`; do vi $i; done
>
> Could you provide examples of what you are trying to edit though Gary?

        There are a whole slew of html/php files (from jottings.thought.org)
        that I've been [[ koff, koff ]] meaning to edit and fine-tune.  This
        for about a year.  "jOttings" are my personal meditations that
        have been online for years.  They'll always be online, but it's
        a wee bit hard to cuddle up and read stuff on one's computer.
        Even a laptop, right?  So, long-story-short, I've been trying to
        get these mumblings into ink+paper.  So they've got to be
        readable.   "Perfect" is impossible; so maybe *polished*.

        Turns out that your and Derek Ragona's /bin/sh + awk is what I'm
        using.  (OT, but the 30-45 files I'm editing had some bloopers;
        misspellings, puncutation errs, and more.  So the files are in
        /tmp/Jot. [!] )

        gary