[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Howard Goldstein wrote:

Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
I guess I would have to update all gnome packages from 2.16 to 2.18 to see if it helps... but since Howard Goldstein rebuild all his ports, he can probably confirm that this happens with the current ports.

Unfortunately it does still happen for me. For those ports I'm at these versions:

gnome-vfs-2.18.1_1  GNOME Virtual File System
libgnome-2.18.0_1   Libraries for GNOME, a GNU desktop environment

If you don't mind me asking, what are the file types, and about how large are these files?

An appx 1K rc file (.nvidia-settings-rc), in another case a one page 29K .pdf

Could everyone affected by this issue document a few more steps of what they do to cause Thunderbird to coredump, please?

1. start thunderbird
2. ^M or click on the write message label
3. attach any file
4. send an email to self, garbage or empty message, take the default subject or change it to garbage.
5. ^M to compose another message
6. at any point from this point on , attaching a file will coredump

Also, uname -a would be helpful.

cally:~$ uname -a
FreeBSD cally.queue.to 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #1: Sat Mar 31 20:04:48 EDT 2007 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CALLY i386

gnome is not the desktop on this system...

(FWIW, building and installing with -DWITHOUT_GNOME -DWITHOUT_GNOMEVFS as hinted by the pr does not make a difference)