On Thu, Apr 26, 2007, Christopher Hilton wrote:
>Has anyone setup (fdisk/newfs) a drive to work on both Mac OS X and
>FreeBSD? I'd like to be able to transfer larger datasets between my Mac
>and my FreeBSD laptop without using my network.

I think that the M$ file system on most external disk drives and flash
devices would work.  OS X can format UFS (Unix File Systems) as well so it
might well be able to deal with a FreeBSD formatted drive (or vice versa).

OS X can mount standard ISO formatted CDs as well.

Bill

``It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of
their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or
so incoherent that they cannot be understood.''
    -James Madison, Federalist Paper #62