I setup FreeBSD dual-boot on my dad's machine with a Samsung 170 flat panel
and it worked just fine. Just make sure you specify the right sync
frequencies in your XFree86 config file. and KDE looked *NICE* on the 17"
flat panel.

i think 5.0 has nv driver. I think just used the nv driver for his nv pci
card and it worked quite well.

/ayn