On Apr 26, 2007, at 12:15 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

There are legitimate technical reasons that someone may want their mail
to not be greylisted.  For example, my cell phone's e-mail address is
in our monitoring scripts to page me in the event of a server failure.
I would be pretty pissed off if Sprint suddenly started greylisting. It
isn't just dumb-ass users making stupid political decisions to reject
it, although in your case it probably was.

If it is a legitimate mail server, it would be promoted to the auto- whitelist. Not all mail is constantly greylisted by most intelligent greylist systems. Only the first few messages would be delayed, until it is established as legitimate.