On 4/28/07, james thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
How difficult is FreeBSD to use in place of MS windows, say compared to
Apple OSX?  I believe it may be able to run Offide 98; can Office 98
with Publisher be ran on FreeBSD?  I want to use FreeBSD to compose
articles, and combine them into a Book for publication, as a Home Office
Operation by a person with little experience beyond windows.   In 1995,
I took a MicroComputer Operating Systems course in Windows 3.11 and DOS
6.22.   I have used Windows 95, 98, and XP Home & upgraded to Media Edition.

Hello,

It's very easy, I suggest for new bsd users to go for PC-BSD
http://www.pcbsd.org/ since it's one setup CD with complete desktop
interface.

--
Regards,