On Apr 29, 2007, at 4:45 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Lawrance [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 2:59 AM
To: Ted Mittelstaedt
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Greylisting -- Was: Anti Spam

Email is not an instant messaging system, no matter how much you want
it to be one.

Cell phone companies won't take pages any other way no matter how much you want them to. And as I already have to carry a cell phone, I am not going
to carry a separate pager also.

Email only, eh? I used to send messages to my boss via webform...I suppose that would imply that it's possible to have a message sent by some scripts to a website, unless there's captchas or something like that to defeat that method.

But like I said...most people would already have whitelisted vitally important domains, or you could send periodic "keepalives" to test the system.

-Bart