On Apr 29, 2007, at 06:26, Mark Tinguely wrote:

I am using quotas in FreeBSD 6.2 with soft limits == hard limits,
and the hard limits are being enforsed (mail/ftp etc). This is a non-root
filesystem.

There is one patch for quota that I supplied and was recently applied
to -current that is appropriate for FreeBSD 5.x-7.x that has to do with file counts once the filesystem is completely full, that does not affect
hard limits.

I have narrowed the problem down to two items: There is a reboot called for in the handbook during the quota setup that I probably didn't do. Also, I was testing by having root copy data owned by the user with the quota. While that changed the quota used, it may not have triggered the quota check. In either case, after rebooting today and having the user do the copy, the hard quota is now enforced properly. Thanks.