On 4/27/07, Matt Kosht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/27/07, Victor Engmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm attempting to configure my laptop properly for X.org, and the only
> device which doesn't work properly now is the touchpad. The tutorials
> I've seen so far seem to assume that all touchpads use the Synaptic
> driver, but this is the information I get at boot time, and which I
> assume is the touchpad:
> $ dmesg | grep psm0
> psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
> psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> psm0: model GlidePoint, device ID 0
>
> Apropos, "dmesg | grep -i synapt" gives no output, and "dmesg | grep
> -i mouse" only shows the PS/2 + the USB mouse.

I have a Dell Latitude D820 (uses same synaptics touchpad as your)
with the same issue as you.  There is another change required by the
driver to work correctly.

you need to add this line in your /boot/loader.conf

hw.psm.synaptics_support="1"

This didn't make it work for me, but I would be curious if it did for
you and I can try to duplicate what you are doing.

Sorry, I didn't mention this - I already added it (without the quotes;
I guess they are not significant):
$ grep synaptics /boot/loader.conf
hw.psm.synaptics_support=1

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin,