On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 03:44:06PM -0600, Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 01:41:44PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> >     I changed my search terms on Gogle and found a bunch of likely
> >     programs.  One is written is a special notation and has to do
> >     with LOGO [??] programming.  The test MIDI "songs" are nice,
> >     and would serve IFF very short :-)  ---They get more than a bit
> >     **annoying** after 20 sec :-|.
>
> Tell us about what you found, please.  I, for one, am interested in
> music production on FreeBSD, and something using a Logo-based notation
> syntax sounds really interesting.

        Google "lmusej".  It's a Java version of an ex-DOS program.
        java -jar [script] runs it.  But the language is a kind of
        music-notation or composition.  It is fractal in nature; that
        grabs me.  LOGO and "turtle" (?) were after my graduation;
        and until now, little interest.

        The LmUSEj website offers several *.mid ditties; several
        with fractal graphics.  Looks interesting if you want to
        create, say, a 10-second bit of music with a minor (or major)
        theme.  *HOW*:: dunno!

        gary