On 5/2/07, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Victor Engmark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I'm trying to create a pristine xorg.conf, but I've been unable to
> find proper values for HorizSync and VertRefresh for my Dell Latitude
> D610.

These parameters are meaningless for an LCD panel.  Leave them out,
and X.org will DTRT.  The wrong values will *not* fry your panel.

OK, I'll settle for that one. But then, why do I get a warning that the
default HorizSync rate is out of the DDC rates for my screen? I assume that
the screen will report a bogus value when queried about the rate if it's not
applicable. X.org should be able to detect such values, to avoid any false
warnings. Anyone else think this warrants a bug report?

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds