On 5/3/07, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thursday,  3 May 2007 at  9:25:54 +0200, Victor Engmark wrote:
> On 5/3/07, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Here you go: /etc/X11/xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log from this
>>> morning.
>>
>> I don't see the Xorg.0.log.  Also, it would be interesting to see how
>> the xorg.conf differs from the one you got from X -configure.
>
> The xorg.conf differs quite a lot.

And how?  Does it work?

For the currently applicable definition of "work," no. I get a warning
message from X.org every time I boot.

I used xorgconfig instead of
> X -configure
> , but xorgconfig doesn't autodetect any of the ranges, so there were
> none in the original file.
>
> Here's a cut'n'paste of the Xorg.0.log sent earlier:

You didn't send it.

According to Gmail, I did. I copied the file from the email I sent :)

This is a pre-release version of the X server from The X.Org Foundation.
> It is not supported in any way.
> Bugs may be filed in the bugzilla at http://bugs.freedesktop.org/.
> Select the "xorg" product for bugs you find in this release.
> Before reporting bugs in pre-release versions please check the
> latest version in the X.Org Foundation CVS repository.
> See http://wiki.x.org/wiki/CvsPage for CVS access instructions.
>
> X Window System Version 6.8.99.903 (6.9.0 RC 3)
> Release Date: 03 December 2005 + cvs

Where did you get this from?  6.2-RELEASE used 6.9.0 release.  Try
rebuilding from the Ports Collection.

I burned the 6.2-RELEASE CD from freebsd.org. After installing a lot of
software, I ran
portupgrade -a
. Surely, I should have the same or newer than the release by then? Also,
pkg_version -vIL=
right now doesn't list X.org.

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds