Then it is working.  Your done, quit diddling with it.

> but
> I'm unsure as
> to whether I risk frying the card or screen

You cannot fry either.  An LCD panel has a computer that will take a
specified
range of vert and horz sync frequencies.  As I already mentioned these sync
frequencies are meaningless with an LCD, since the display chip merely
converts
them to what the LCDs in the panel actually need.  It is more expensive to
make a display chip that takes extremely high frequencies and since they
aren't needed for LCD that is why the display chips in the panels do not
accept as high frequencies as a really high quality crt will.

Ted