Jonathan Horne wrote:
Well, I setup my laptop to dual boot freebsd 6.2-p4 and vista.  It was
actually an XP/freebsd at first (installed XP, then installed freebsd).  The
normal boot loader worked exactly as expected.

So, upgraded the XP to vista, which seemed to go perfectly normal.  Got
everything the way I wanted it, and then popped in my 6.2 cd and rebooted.
Went to fixit console, and did a

Fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 /dev/ad0

Rebooted, booted into freebsd fine.  Rebooted again, hit F1 for DOS, and
kaboom.  Winboot.exe is missing!

Has anyone successful configured a freebsd/vista dual boot, and if so, how
did you get around this issue?

Thanks,
I have my laptop dualbooting Vista and FreeBSD. I did the install shortly after vista came out and at the time the FreeBSD boot loader did not boot Vista. I installed the GAG boot manager and it works like a champ.

--Jay