forget it.  I am switching to another MTA that is easier to use.

cheers,

Noah

John L wrote:
I thought my explanation was fairly clear. Also domain.com is a sample domain name and really has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Sample domain names are used all the time In examples and should not hinder arriving or providing solutions to configuring qmail aliases and virtualdomains.

The problem is almost certainly that you have a typo in a control file somewhere. Since you are unwilling to show us the actual contents of those control files, it is unlikely that we can help you. If you think it would be a security problem if people knew your real domain, you have worse problems to fix than a few e-mail forwards.

If you read the qmail list, you will have seen many, many exchanges along these lines. If you want real help, post real data.

Regards,
John Levine, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.