On 11/05/07, Gabriel Rossetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I have never been able to figure out how to do this, and I usually end
up copying the file to be edited to a floppy  et be able to edit it from
another machine, but there has to ba a way to do it! Everytime I go into
single-user-mode and I have to edit a file, the output to stdout is
messed up (looks like there are no \n). I tried several editors (vi, ee,
edit (ee I think),  and I get the same thing, useless to say that it's
impossible to edit the files. The only editor that works, is vim, but
it's not always installed. Does anyone know why this happens? And does
anyone know how to fix it?

You could try to set a decent TERM-variable, such as

TERM=vt100
export TERM

HTH
Christian