On 12/05/2007, at 8:59 PM, Matthew Seaman wrote:

David Landgren wrote:

I have a disk that has only FreeBSD on it, and so I would like to skip
the initial F1/FreeBSD prompt. boot0cfg -v ad0 says:

options=nopacket,update,nosetdrv
default_selection=F1 (Slice 1)

... what do I have to do to say JFDI instead of prompting? This is not
the sort of thing I want to fiddle around experimenting, so a little
guidance would be most appreciated.

fdisk -B -b /boot/mbr /dev/ad0

You installed the FreeBSD boot sector stuff, which gives you the 'press
F1'  business.  Replace that with the standard mbr, which just boots
straight up.

Rather than replacing it, you can use boot0cfg to set a really short timeout instead; in case you might want that functionality one day.