Vittorio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I've been happily using latex, pdflatex and context for five years now.
> Now, because a port complains for the absence of a psfonts.sty file
> which seems to be presente in the latex port I tried to install this
> port BUT
> I can't make head or tail of the fact that if I try to install
> the port /usr/ports/print/latex while teTeX-base & teTeX-texmf are
> installed they conflict
>
> stat# make install
> ===>  Installing for
> latex2e-2003.12_1
>
> ===>  latex2e-2003.12_1 conflicts with installed
> package(s):
>       teTeX-base-3.0_10
>       teTeX-texmf-3.0_5
>
>       They
> install files into the same place.
>       Please remove them first with
> pkg_delete(1).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/print/latex.
>
> Why
> is that? I thought that latex was part of/ a subset of  the wider teTeX
> port, therefore there's no reason why they should conflict. Isn't that
> true OR  or is latex  considered a different port/code with different
> libs and executable?

Those ports are *different* ways to get LaTeX.  That's why
they conflict; because they both try to install (for example)
/usr/local/bin/latex.

The file you are looking for does *not* seem to be in the
print/latex port, so you need to figure out what is happening
at a more basic level, and work it out from there.  You have
not provided enough information for us to give more guidance
at this point.