On 5/15/07, Karol Kwiatkowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Victor Engmark wrote:
> I'm getting reports that some of the packages I've installed have
> vulnerabilities when running
> portaudit -Fda
>
> I've tried to update the ports tree running
> cd /usr/ports && portsnap update
> , but it tells me the tree is already up to date. I've also tried
removing
> everything from /usr/ports (even the dot files), and then running
> portsnap fetch && portsnap extract && portsnap update && portupgrade -a
> (portsnap update should be redundant, but just to be sure), but nothing
is
> upgraded, and portaudit still complains.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Nothing, the ports tree is frozen right know - virtually nothing will be
updated until xorg 7.2 gets tested and imported[1].

Cool stuff, but do you recommend I uninstall the problematic packages? Also,
aren't security patches normally shipped quickly to the ports tree?

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds