On 5/15/07, Roland Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 12:15:06PM -0600, Ross Penner wrote:
>  I recently had my system freeze so I had to manually restart it. I was
>  worried that there would be some problems with the filesystem so I
>  looked into the matter and discovered the utility fsck. I ran this as
>  root and I got the following:

You normally don't have to do this manually. If a filesystem isn't
cleanly unmounted, it is automatically checked (in the background if
possible, so it might take a while) on the next boot.

And in that case fsck won't bother you unless it runs into problems it
can't solve.

Roland

Thanks for everybodies help. I restarted in single user mode which
allowed me to do the check manually. I'll probably just let the
background check go if it happens again.