Erin Conn wrote:
Okay, I think what I'm seeing is that since upgrading to the 2.0 versions of these applications, they're taking a font size that looks a few points higher than what's set in gtkrc-2.0. If I set the font down to Arial 10 in gtkrc-2.0 it looks about right in Firefox and Thunderbird, but then my other gtk2 apps have a font that's too small. If I set it to Arial 12 like I had it I get the ugly big fonts in FF and Thunderbird. I don't think it's my user settings; I tried a completely clean config in my guest account (all GTK, firefox, thunderbird, and KDE configs wiped) and still saw the same behavior.

Are you using xorg-6.9 or xorg-7.2? If you're using xorg-7.2 then it's sort of known behavior.

-Garrett