On 5/17/07, Pieter de Goeje <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thursday 17 May 2007, David Landgren wrote:
> ok, for extra bonus points, what/where is the code that makes the two
> annoying BEEPs on shutdown? If I could compile that out, my life would
> be complete :)

Hmm, I've never heard any beeps on shutdown... how do you shutdown your
system? When I type 'halt -p' it just powers off after synching the disks,
no
beep whatsoever.

Using the default KDE shutdown command (which just halts the system without
turning off the power, curiously enough), I also get these two beeps. Using
6.2-RELEASE.

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds