Pieter de Goeje wrote:
On Thursday 17 May 2007, David Landgren wrote:
Heh,

ok, for extra bonus points, what/where is the code that makes the two
annoying BEEPs on shutdown? If I could compile that out, my life would
be complete :)

Thanks,
David

Hmm, I've never heard any beeps on shutdown... how do you shutdown your system? When I type 'halt -p' it just powers off after synching the disks, no beep whatsoever.

shutdown -p now

... so that would mean it's shutdown that does that? The annoyance factor has never been enough to make me investigate more closely. But hey, if halt -p is safe and clean, and silent, that's good enough for me.

Thanks,
David