> I'm a bit frustrated, but what can you do?  It would
> be impossible for the freeBSD team to cater to all the corner cases.

You can move the HD as you did ;)

Technically, if you really wanted, you could be the impossible FreeBSD
team member who reaches into the corner you've needed catered to.

That said, I'm sure it's widely known that Google usually solves all
problems that are in the corner you've need catered to, but sometimes
not the corner you are in. It's great you resolved it, and now it's
archived.

We've all been there.

<disclaimer>
I couldn't help but laugh at true realization/frustration when I read
this post.
</disclaimer>