On Fri, 18 May 2007, RW wrote:

On Thu, 17 May 2007 10:39:35 +0000 (UTC)
Duane Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Matthew Seaman wrote:

You should be able to upgrade the system by a routine buildworld,
buildkernel ... type operation, but beware that you will need to
recompile all of your ports because of potential shlib version
clashes.  Ports from 5.5 will still work on 6.2, but later trying to
update them piecemeal can lead to misery.

I'm using portupgrade. So I will use the switches force a reinstall
and to act on everything that depends on the reinstalled port (-fr).

That wont do anything useful as there is nothing for the -r to work
with after a base-system upgrade.

The best way to upgrade all ports with portupgrade is to do it by
datestamp like this:

portupgrade -f '<2007-05-18 14:00'

What about:

  portupgrade -afR

Wouldn't that force everything including ports that depend on the one being reinstalled?