Hi again,

Ok, here's the steps I was given to upgrade my 6.0 system to 6.2-RELEASE-p4.

1) cvsup /usr/src using the tags necessary (I was using RELENG_6_2).
2) cd /usr/src
3) make buildworld
4) make buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC
    *here I actually used a different kernel because I had to add
"options SMP" to the conf

5) make installworld
6) make installkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC
7) reboot (and hopefully all is well)

So, everything is great until step 5.  When I type "make installworld"
I get, "ERROR: Required audit gropup is missing, see
/usr/src/UPDATING."  So I got to take a look at that file.  There is a
lot of interesting stuff there, but nothing about an audit group that
should be present (at least a search for "audit group" returned no
hits).

What is this error talking about?  Which section of the UPDATING file
should I read and follow to correct this?  I read, "When upgrading
from one major version to another it is generally best to upgrade to
the latest code in the currently installed branch first, then do an
upgrade to the new branch."  Does this refer to an upgrade from, say,
5.1 to 6.2, or does this apply to 6.0 to 6.2 as well?

I also see,

To rebuild everything and install it on the current system

make buildworld
make kernel KERNCONF=.......

<reboot in single user>
mergemaster -p
make installworld
make delete-old
mergemaster
<reboot>

Is this the procedure I should follow?  What is the correct path to go
from here?

Andy