Hi all,

I am trying to install ghostscript on a 4.6 stable machine in a user account as the user himself. However, I am getting the following error while doing so:

configure: error: I wasn't able to find a copy
of the jpeg library. This is required for compiling
ghostscript. Please download a copy of the source,
e.g. from http://www.ijg.org/, unpack it at the
top level of the gs source tree, and rename
the directory to 'jpeg'.

So I tried to install the jpeg library by downloading it from the above site. ./configure and make goes thorough without problems but make install gives the following error:

%make install
/usr/bin/install -c cjpeg /"configure-path"/bin/cjpeg
install: /"configure-path"/bin/cjpeg: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /"configure-path".

when I check there is no bin directory created in the configure path. What could be the reason for this?

Any help is welcome on this.

Best Regards,
Steve