On 5/18/07, Andreas Rudisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 18 May 2007 17:54:41 +0200, Andrew Falanga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

In /usr/src/UPDATING you can find.

20060204:
         The 'audit' group was added to support the new auditing
functionality
         in the base system.  Be sure to follow the directions for updating,
         including the requirement to run mergemaster -p.

Either you add the group manually or you make sure to use mergemaster
and merge the required files _correctly_.

Andreas

Now that is frustrating.  I did search that file for "audit" and
"AUDIT," I had not hits.  I must have made typo and didn't realize.

At any rate, thanks to all.  I did as Mikhail suggested, and added the
audit group by hand.  As I commented to someone else, I feel very
stupid for not putting 2 and 2 together.  For some reason, I was
thinking that "audit group" was referring to something other than a
user group.  Yeah, it's stupid I know, but I did add the group and the
"make installworld" went smoothly and the box is working now.

Thanks again,
Andy