What I am trying to achieve is this. At the office I have a server, this server is Not connected to the Internet, I need to be able to Administer it from my Home office, so I am thinking that I need to access it via a serial modem.
What do I need to do to achieve this.

man getty, put the right line in inittab and gettytab, and configure your modem to answer calls - you will get terminal access.

other metod - use ppp to make IP connection to modem on password.

second might me less efficient in case of slow modem, remote work will be slower