Hi,

My system randomly reboots, usually in the evening. It is definitely not a soft reboot, since the filesystems don't get properly dismounted. My suspicion is that it is a heat related issue -- I do leave the computer running just about all day long, and it has started to get warm. Then again, it's coolest in the evening...

I have looked at /var/log/messages, and there is nothing right before the reboot of the system. Is that proof this is a hardware and not a software issue? Is there any other log file or diagnostic that might confirm my suspicions?

I'd rather not reset the heatsink, etc., if the problem is really something else :)

Thanks in advance guys!

Sincerely,

-- Ned Ruggeri