Hi, I'm in the process of trying to build a Horde/IMP server. I started by freshly installing & updating 6.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD. I then installed IMP package with pkg_add -r imp. All seemed to go well. I then started working my way through configuring the various newly installed things.

From:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-apache.html

I added:

LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache/libphp5.so

AddModule mod_php5.c
    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
        DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    </IfModule>

To my /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf file.

When I tried to restart Apache, I get:
 apachectl start
Syntax error on line 238 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp5.so into server: Cannot open "/usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp5.so"
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

And sure enough, it's not there.  I go to /usr/ports/lang/php5,
Run make config install, telling it to build Apache module, and
I get:

===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
===>  Found saved configuration for php5-5.2.2
=> suhosin-patch-5.2.2-0.9.6.2.patch.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch from http://www.hardened-php.net/suhosin/_media/.
fetch: http://www.hardened-php.net/suhosin/_media/suhosin-patch-5.2.2-0.9.6.2.patch.gz: Connection refused => Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/. fetch: ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/suhosin-patch-5.2.2-0.9.6.2.patch.gz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
=> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
=> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5.

My goal here is to get a working FreeBSD 6.2 Horde/IMP server.  I'm new
to all these things, so if I'm going about this the hard or the stupid
way, please don't hesitate to tell me.  It seemed like the easiest and
fastest way to get a working install would be to install the package,
but maybe I'm wrong.

Regards,

--
Patrick Baldwin