Hello,

I'm trying to restrict access to sendmail via hosts.allow. Don't need
a firewall, since I just want to block everyone but the localhost from
sending e-mail out. Anyway, it seems that sendmail ignores these
settings even though it was compiled with TCPWRAPPERS. I added
"sendmail : all : deny" as the very first line in hosts.allow, just to
see if it will let me connect from anywhere. It does - not just from
localhost, but from all remote locations as well. I have no problems
connecting and sending e-mail. Am I missing something?

I tested the same setup with sshd, and that works properly. After a
quick search on google it seems that I'm not the only one with this
problem, but I couldn't find any solution to this. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

- Maxim Khitrov